Brett Climo Forum

Forum about the Australian actor Brett Climo
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Forum problems...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:16 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

As you probably have noticed the forum has some issues lately. Last weekend we were offline for a couple of day due to the fact that they were moving everything to a better server.
Less then a week later there were problems logging in and even missing 8 days of posts!
I've had a few very busy days (and actually still have) and couldn't find time to look into all. So just had a quick look at the helpdesk forum and subscribe myself to a newsletter so I'll be informed as soon as there's more news. Because as what I've understand is that the movement didn't went quiet that good. And that they now have noticed the forums are getting slower by the day. They think this has something to do with the chat and maybe even portal page function. So they have shut down the chat and are even thinking about removing it. And the portal is also a discussion point.
I don't know when it will all be better but I'm sure they are trying their best. As soon as I got more news (and the time to report it) I'll let you guys know!

Post subject: Re: Forum problems...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:41 am 
Newbie off
 E-mail  Profile

dat heb ik gemerkt ja dat het er uitlag en af en toe kreeg ik dit forum helemaal in het spaans

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:42 am 

Thanks Dianne for letting us know. Bummer of course that the change made things worse. They must feel really bad about this? Well, they should anyway. ;) Hope they will let you know soon if things can be fixed.

Good luck with all the business.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:03 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Just recieved this newsletter:

Dear members.

Great news, please read carefully.

Quotes:

"We had a server move, that caused multiple issues. These are being worked, and we are getting a handle of it.
If you lost posts (9 days), pm me with your forum name and I will restore them (but then you lose the last 2 days of posts and/or other changes).
Avatars should be ok by tomorrow.
Rest assured that we care and we will do everything to keep you happy. I have personally answered over 200 emails in the last two days (with solution for all of them).
steve
admin"

"Forum is slowly getting back to normal. Thank you for your patience.
Avatars are being restored, should be ok tomorrow.
A lot of folks lost like 9 days of posts. I can restore them, understanding that anything posted in the last 2 days would be lost. Let me know via PM.
The error at the bottom of the page that you mentioned should be going away by tomorrow.
a very tired steve"

So what should we do? Restore the lost post or leave it like it is and repost the post that's lost?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:26 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Dianne,

I would like it to be reposted, epacially the stories. But maybe someone else has a different opinion.

I like to apologise because I offered you this link, not knowing we would have problems here as well.

Greetings

Rita

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:49 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Zijn er nu dan nog steeds probemen met het forum? Sorry,maar kon even niet alles goed eruit halen in het engels. :(
Ik krijg namelijk amper het forum open en duurt heel lang voor ik een topic heb geopend. En ik mag blij zijn als ik eindelijk een reactie kan plaatsen. Dacht namelijk eerst dat aan mijn pc of internet verbinding lag,maar nu heb ik het voornamlijk hier.
Hopelijk gaat het gauw weer van ouds

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:39 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I got the same problem, Joyce, I keep getting messages that the link is broken or that the page can not be found.
Hopefully it will all turn to normal, because ti was pretty fast and easy, so I hope everything will be like it used to be pretty soon.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:42 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Ik kreeg vanmorgen weer een nieuwsbrief over de stand van zaken. Dat het hen dus erg betreurt dat dit is gebeurd nadat ze alle forums hebben overgezet na de nieuwe server. Ze komen er dus nu achter dat ze deze nieuwe server te weinig hebben getest en stuiten dus nu op diverse problemen die nou langer duren eer ze opgelost zullen worden.
Ze zijn wel hard bezig om het dus weer op te lossen en vandaar dat het forum dan met tijden erg langzaam is of je zelfs niet eens kunt inloggen of diverse foutmeldingen krijgt. Dit is natuurlijk erg vervelend, maar ik ben wel blij met de goede manier van communiseren. Je word echt steeds op de hoogte gehouden en als je vragen of hulp nodig hebt krijg je die ook vrij snel steeds.
Dus Rita je hoeft je niet te verontschuldigen voor het feit dat je deze link heb gegeven toen hoor, want jij kon dit ook niet weten en eigenlijk is het nu minder erg omdat je toch weet wat er speelt. Het is gewoon even een kwestie van geduld hebben en dan weet ik zeker dat we straks weer gewoon fijn kunnen forummen. Ik hoop dat dan toch :)

Sorry about all the Dutch talk but that's to explain things more to the members that don't speak and read English that well.
Last evening I got 2 newsletters again about what's going on (sorry for not placing them sooner have been busy with other stuff):

Dear Dianne

We've received an announcement from Mr. Nevis, please read through:

"Hi,

As you know, we are diligently working thru the problems that resulted from the sever move. The fact of the matter is that the domain was transferred to the new server before everything was tested and verified. That caused a huge number of problems, which we are now working thru. Current problems mostly relate to performance.

Many of you lost about 9 days of posts. I have restored the old posts for anyone who contacted. That is a LOT of work, but then it is our responsibility to you.

I have turned off chat until performance comes back up.

Thank you very much for your infinite patience. Please hang in there as we fix the issues.

steve
admin"

And two hours later this one:

Dear Dianne

I will start to apology that I've sent so many newsletters lately, but it's to keep You up to date, as fast as possible.

One thing that I've forgotten to tell You, is that this newsletter-system, accepts upto 100 recipients, otherwise I have to buy an license, which is not cheep (80 euros - Approximately 120,18 US dollars - Almost 600 Danish Kroner), which I don't have right now...

Well, to the point:

Mr. Nevis has just told me, that he's ordering new server(s), I don't know how many, but we will find out later.
We hope that all our users has patience, while we're fixing the errors.

So far the updates... looks like things are improving and I'm happy they have put up the general message on top, then all of you know what's going on.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:40 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

It's great they keep you up to date and lets hope they have soon fixed all of the problems.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:40 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

---------
Just recieved the following newsletter/update:

Dear Dianne

The servers on Forums-Free.com seems to have speed again.
The newsletters will soon end, as they're only meant to be running while we were fixing the servers.

So from friday, December 4th. 2009 You won't receive any newsletters.
Also, this newsletter system is running on trial version, with a trial period of 7 days.
It will cost me approximately 80 Euros (one-time payment), to get the full version, but I don't have the appropiate money for that, so that's also a reason why it ends.

I hope that everyone are satisfied with the speed as it is, else contact Mr. Nevis.

Best Regards, merry Christmas

Mr. Hansen, Denmark
Forums-Free.com Forum Administrator and Technical Supporter + Translator (Danish, Norwegian and Swedish).

I also have noticed a little improvement but still it's not how I would like it to be. Not sure if you guys notice any difference? Let's just hope the speed will be back to normal in a couple of hours/days. :)