It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Online interview David Blake 2005
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:09 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

---------
Questions about your carreer:
- How did you end up in the film industry? [David Blake] i'm not really in the industry as such. with independent film you're very much on the outer, and you have to set up your own relationships as you go.
- I've understand that the movie "Lost and Found" is going to be your debut. Is this right? [David Blake] debut feature - i've done a few shorts over the last 5 years or so.
- Could you tell us a little bit more what that movie is about? [David Blake] it's about the human condition - in all its forms.
- Where is the movie been shot? [David Blake] in and around Melbourne On what location? [David Blake] lot's of different locations. And is it all filmed outside or inside a studio as well? [David Blake] no studio, all locations.
- Did you do the casting of the actors yourself or did you let someone else do this? [David Blake] i cast the main roles, and i had a casting director (Lea Zilberman) assist with the support roles - but i auditioned every single player that ended up on screen.
- Was it your own choise that Brett got the mainlead? So yes, why was that? [David Blake] yes it was. and he is and was and always will be bloody sensational
- How was it to work with Brett Climo and all the other actors? [David Blake] it was a great experience.
- Could you tell us a nice anecdote about Brett or a nice habit of him? [David Blake] Brett is a true gentleman - nothing was too much trouble and he gave 200% all the time.
- What movie would you have loved to have directed? [David Blake] the one i'm now writing
- What movie did you find horrible? [David Blake] eyes wide shut
- How do you find it to go to the première of your own movie? [David Blake] yet to happen (but i won't watch it i don't think)
- What will be your next project or movie? [David Blake] watch this space...

Personal Questions:
- What's your age? [David Blake] 39
- Are you married? [David Blake] yes
- Do you have children? [David Blake] 2 beautiful boys
- Could I have a picture of you to place it on the site? [David Blake] i/m an ugly mug!!!
- For what can we wake you up in the middle of the night? [David Blake] sorry????

Other Questions:
- How popular is the cinema in Australia? [David Blake] it's HUGE.
- Is the press critical in Australia? [David Blake] very And how determined is that for your movie? [David Blake] bad reviews will not be good for the box office
- Did you ever had ambitions to act as well? [David Blake] no way!
- Do you enjoy the attention? [David Blake] not really - but i'll do what ever it takes to get the film noticed.
- In the Netherlands we are not so prudish and in Dutch movies you often see sex in it and now we are wondering what do you think about that? And how is that in Australia? [David Blake] i think sex in movies is way over done - and used incorrectly mostly.
- What do you know and think about the Netherlands? [David Blake] love to visit
- If we come to Australia in a year or so, are we welcome to drop by for a cup of tea or can we invite you to have diner with the two of us? [David Blake] why not! And could you give us a tour around your office as well? [David Blake] maybe...
- Is there a question you would like to ask us? [David Blake] not at the moment.